Craig and I had an awesome 10 year anniversary trip to Peru. Before this trip, we'd never left the kids for more than 1 night. My kind parents and friends helped watch them so we could have 10 entire days to ourselves. Well, ourselves and the thousands of people that visit Machu Picchu every day :)
Traditional PDX carpet pic. Craig wasn't feeling it.
We arrived Sunday morning and had a really nice time at the local ward.
I love their ingenuity. This sprinkler was just one example.
We toured this catholic cathedral on our 2nd day in Cuzco. I must have never been inside a fancy cathedral before because it took my breath away! The paintings and sculptures and everything inside of it was amazing. Unfortunately they don't allow you to take pictures inside. I must say that my favorite part was the giant painting of "The Last Supper" inside. The main dish with Christ and his disciples is a Guinea Pig, Peru's famous dish.
We toured a lot of ruins around Cuzco.
We were both surprised how big the city was.
If you're in Cuzco, don't worry if you miss the folk dance night, it was a little much.
Craig LOVED the food!


No comments:
Post a Comment