Sunday, May 10, 2009

Garden Update

Anyone that lives close knows that I'm really excited about our garden. I might even obsess about it but at least I'm having fun with something new. It's been a great learning experience and I'm surprised how therapeutic it is to work outside in the yard. Anyway here's how our garden grows....

The back left corner has pole beans and the back two big ones are tomato plants that my dad just bought. I had planted a tomato seed there that was coming up but I pulled it for these stronger mature plants. The front left has carrots and then there's some other bush beans, carrots, Lima beans and marigold (they're supposed to be good insect deterrents)

The lower right corner is my spinach and the other prominent ones are lettuce. There's hard to see green onions as well.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

That looks like it is doing great! I'm glad you are enjoying it so much, it is nice to have something you can see the progress with. I hope you had a great Mother's Day and I hope Kylie feels better! Love you!

nichole said...

Exciting! I can't wait to see how your back row turns out. The book talked about vertical gardening but there weren't any good pictures of it.

The Favorite said...

That garden is amazing! Great work. It's all going to taste so delicious too!

HolliJo said...

Oh fun! I hope it turns out awesome. It's looking good so far!

Lauren vdH said...

Wow! I am so impressed! I like your raised garden bed. Our neighbors are trying that out too. Our garden is long and skinny so not ideal for this setup. I just planted some carrots and onions a week ago. But nothing has come up yet...we'll see soon hopefully! When can you plant in Oregon? Here in Utah, they recommend waiting until May 15 to plant most things- to avoid any freezing temps.

Val said...

I love working in the garden so I can completly understand your excitement. When spring came my good news moment in relief society was that I had my tulips blooming, that's how excited I was. I get so flower happy it's pathetic. LOVE working in the yard around the garden and the flowers. Enjoy it!

Heidi Mecham said...

Wow, your garden looks great, very impressive!

alpinekleins said...

I AM so impressed! It looks wonderful, let me see that thumb . . .

Kristin