We had an extremely eventful time river rafting. It started out well but then our raft flipped in a class 3 rapid. It was our guide's first time flipping all season. We broadsided a huge rock. Everyone flew off except Brinley. She hung on with her arms of steel and floated the raft down the rapids by herself. Kylie swam upstream to the giant rock and clung on for dear life. She would not let go. I finally swam to the side of the river, climbed out and hiked upstream. Once I was close to Kylie I convinced her to let go and I swam over and got her. This was near the beginning of the trip and Kylie and Brinley were so done after it they refused to go on. Craig took them to the side and the company drove them back. Craig then took them to the ER because we thought Kylie's wrist was broken. Luckily it was just sore.
Colton was "riding the bull" when we flipped. You can see him go straight off the front. You can also see us staring in the direction of the giant rock we're about to hit and waiting for our guide to tell us to paddle. I'm not sure why she waited so long.

1 comment:
That is crazy! I'm so glad everyone was okay! I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get me back on either! I'm glad Kylies wrist was just sore and not broken. The pictures are awesome though!
Post a Comment